- 2. Abstract Painting in the 1950s
- 3. Rock and Roll and Youth Culture
- 4. Pop Art and New Kinds of Rock
- 5. New Art and Music for New Consciousness
- 6. Television and Utopia and the 1970s
- 7. Art And Music in the 1970s, Part One
- 8. Art and Music in the 1970s: Part Two
- 9. Neo-Expressionism, Punk, and Hip Hop Emerge
- 10. MTV and Music in the 1980s
- 11. Art and Music in the 1980s
- 12. At the Millennium: Art and Music in the 1990s
- 13. Who Makes Art in Century 21?
This is a guidebook to a web resource of Artist and Musician biographies (http://aaep1600.osu.edu). We discuss art and music in the context of popular culture, so chances are you will see relationships between art and music and what you are learning and the way you live, to connect them to your own experience.
A Quick and Dirty Guide to Art, Music, and Culture by The Ohio State University is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License, except where otherwise noted.